Hello and welcome to my blog tour stop for
JERKBAIT by Mia Siegert!
Today I have a character profile of Robbie so you can learn a little bit more about him! I take personal insult to the answer to #3 because there is no way Team USA would beat Team Canada. USA would probably lose to Russia again. #sorrynotsorry
I previously had a Playlist for Mia's inspiration behind JERKBAIT that you can check out as well!
Author: Mia Siegert
Publisher: Jolly Fish Press
Publication Date: May 3, 2016
Even though they're identical, Tristan isn't close to his twin Robbie at all—until Robbie tries to kill himself.
Forced to share a room to prevent Robbie from hurting himself, the brothers begin to feel the weight of each other's lives on the ice, and off. Tristan starts seeing his twin not as a hockey star whose shadow Tristan can't escape, but a struggling gay teen terrified about coming out in the professional sports world. Robbie's future in the NHL is plagued by anxiety and the mounting pressure from their dad, coach, and scouts, while Tristan desperately fights to create his own future, not as a hockey player but a musical theatre performer.
As their season progresses and friends turn out to be enemies, Robbie finds solace in an online stranger known only as “Jimmy2416.” Between keeping Robbie's secret and saving him from taking his life, Tristan is given the final call: sacrifice his dream for a brother he barely knows, or pursue his own path. How far is Robbie willing to go—and more importantly, how far is Tristan willing to go to help him?
1. What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?Robert Christian Betterby, and sure. I've got tons. Margarine, Robbie, Twinkletoes (Dude, it's a compliment, stfu), Raiden's More Superior and Definitely Way More Handsome Best Friend, you name it!
2. How old are you? When is your birthday?Eighteen. September 15th. Last day for this year's draft. Awesome... no stress, right?
3. Where were you born? Where do you live now? Are you patriotic?We were born in Summit and live in Nutley. I'm a proud American and if I make world juniors, we're beating Team Canada.
Dad's our agent. I mean, he's an agent for a lot of hockey players, but he's also ours since his ECHL career kinda went caput. Tristan's probably closer to Mom than me.
5. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?Tristan. He's really smart. Like REALLY smart. And fast. And I mean, maybe he doesn't play hockey like me or Raiden or Beau or Durrell, but he's underrated as hell. Probably one of the fastest guys on the team.
6. What is your occupation?... hockey player?
7. How tall are you? How much do you weigh?5'10" but only 175 lbs. I really need to get up to like 185. Like fast. At least I've got ten on Tristan.
8. What color is your hair? What color are your eyes?Blond, baby! Okay, so what, it's bleach and I really should do the roots sometime. Brown eyes. Contacts are lame.
9. What is your race?400 meter--oh. That's not what you meant by race.
10. To which social class do you belong?Upper middle since Dad's doing all the scouting although Mom's the one who pays the bills.
11. Do you consider yourself to be attractive? Do others?Hell yeah. I've got the best flo' on the team, and everyone knows it. Especially Raiden. Quote me on that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
12. What is your style of dress?Hoodies, jeans, and fake lip rings (because like, yeah, I don't think I need more holes and cuts in my body!)
13. Do you have any scars? Tattoos? Birthmarks? Other unique physical features?We've all got scars, and sooner or later I'm gonna lose teeth. I mean, honestly, we all do. Doesn't matter if we wear mouth guards. And I mean, I guess I get a lot of bruises. And some cuts on my arms. But like from stupid shit, you know?
14. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?I am a god. Worship me, hail me.
... yeah, okay. I can't get far enough in stationary long jump. Working on that.
15. Are you right- or left-handed?Ambidextrous.
16. What does your voice sound like?it sounds... like a BOSS.
17. What kind of vocabulary do you use?The kind that allowed me to write my short story masterpiece for English last year, "Michael Bay is a Douchebag." It was... beautiful. *wipes tear from eye*
18. List three quirks or other defining characteristics.I bite my lip a lot. The fake ring gives me something to do.
I lose my cool quickly.
I like to talk a lot, but I guess you won't really hear me saying anything personal.
19. How often do you bathe? Do you wear perfumes?All the time. I mean, with this flow, no way am I getting it greasy.
And totally. Yup. I'm so a perfume de locker room sort of guy.
20. What kind of facial expression do you commonly wear (dour glare, wry smile, etc)?^__~ and >)
21. Do you use body language? How?I can't say... I mean, sure. If you look. But I mean, he never does. So. Yeah.
22. Do you have a commonly used saying?"What up, beauty?" and "Raiden's a douchebag." xD (Raiden's also standing behind me hahahahaha).
Mia Siegert received her MFA from Goddard College and her BA from Montclair State University where she won Honorable Mention in the 2009 English Department Awards for fiction. Her debut JERKBAIT (a YA coming-of-age thriller) will be released May 2016 by Jolly Fish Press. Siegert has been published in Clapboard House, Word Riot, The Limn Literary & Arts Journal, as well as a few other small presses. Siegert currently works as an adjunct professor and a costume designer. She enjoys training horses and watching hockey.
Connect with Mia: