This year has been AMAZING. I started blogging in May and have had the best time. I think I've finally found my calling and my people. A special shout out to the amazing friends I've made over this journey and if you are thinking, I bet she's talking about me, I AM! Also, you're just as vain as me so that's probably why we are friends.
Not only did I start blogging on here this year but I also started co-blogging with Nicola over at Queen of the Bookshelves in August! So I'm all over the internet talking about books and I love it! Nicola is awesome, amazing, always coming up with new and fun ideas so it has been incredible working with her. She's taught me so much and I can't wait to continue this journey into the next year.
Thank you to Jamie (name twins!) from Perpetual Page Turner for hosting the Year End Survey again this year! I have answered these questions to the best of my abilities and hope you guys find some good reads out of all the books I've listed.
READING STATSNumber of Books Read: 264
Number of Pages Read: 72, 773
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
Average Rating: 3.9 stars
BEST IN BOOKS1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Well you can see THIS POST for my Top Ten Reads from three different genres (Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Contemporary), but I just realized I never put my top ten manga so I will include those in here!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Good Way Bad Way
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From a Book You Read in 2015?
"You're going to have a lead foot, somebody'll need to teach you how to slow down"
from FIRSTS by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
"Magic was like poetry. Once you understood the logic, the meter, the rhyme behind it, you could embellish upon it and make it your own."
from FIRE FALLING by Elise Kova
16. Shortest and Longest Book You Read in 2015?
Longest: UNDER THE DOME by Stephen King (1,074 pages)*
*The only way this will change is if I finish the trilogy of The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks but that is three books in one and doesn't really count.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of plot twist, character death, etc.)?
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Noa + Judah from SHATTERED BLUE by Lauren Bird Horowitz
Skylar + Jule from EARTH & SKY TRILOGY by Megan Crewe
Ardis + Wendel from SHADOWS OF ASPHODEL by Karen Kincy
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship of the Year
Vhalla + Larel + Fritz from AIR AWAKENS by Elise Kova
20. Favourite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You've Read Previously
21. Newest Fictional Crush From a Book You Read in 2015?
22. Best 2015 Debut You Read?
23. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
24. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
25. Book That Made You Cry in 2015?
26. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
27. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
YOUR BLOGGISH/BOOKISH LIFESTYLE
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
My new bffs Dani and Iris who are both amazing people and I am so glad to have met them. They listen to me bitch and complaing about my life and always give the best advice. I just wish we lived closer and didn't have an ocean between us so that we could all hang out and have slumber parties.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Open Letter to Kristy Acevedo
Open Letter to Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
Why I Don't Read Historical Fiction -- But Should
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?Fierce Reads Takes T.O. (See my instagram photos from the event!)
Rochester Teen Book Festival (See my recap post!)
#FAC16 Chats (See all my recaps in one spot!)
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Joining Queen of the Bookshelves with Nicola!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Balancing between backlist reads and ARC reads.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Most Popular by Views:
ARC Review: Air Awakens by Elise Kova
Most Popular by Comments:
The Shelfie Hop!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
The majority of my reviews, especially some of the earlier ones I posted when I was first starting out. But honestly, I love love love that you guys want to read my blog and continue to do so every day.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I found out that there is a book & tea store in Niagara Falls called NovelTeas! I frequent there often (and you can even do online orders for their tea, which is very good btw)
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my Goodreads challenge with a total of 264 books, which was 114 more than what I set as my goal!
LOOKING AHEAD1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
I am hoping and praying I finish The Sword of Shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks by the end of 2015 but if not, I will be continuing it into the new year before the MTV show starts!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Read more backlist books. I have so many on my shelf that I haven't gotten to yet. Oh, and read more graphic novels and manga. Take some time for me when I need it but also keep my blogs scheduled and active.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Basically all of them that I have read with a few exceptions. I'll list them, yes?
FIRSTS by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
SUMMER OF SLOANE by Erin L. Schneider
BLACKHEARTS by Nicole Castroman
THE GIRL WHO FELL by Shannon M. Parker
MY KIND OF CRAZY by Robin Reul
NOWHERE GIRL by Susan Strecker
STONE FIELD by Christy Lenzi
THE STEEP AND THORNY WAY by Cat Winters
THESE VICIOUS MASKS by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zakas